- In today's business environment Managers must lead and manage both the people and the task, and making the transition from being "one of a team" to leader/manager of a team can be a challenging experience.
- The leader/manager needs to be able to provide inspiration and direction, lead by example, foster teamwork and encourage innovation. He /she is also expected to deal with blockages, ensure resources are available, plan, create performance improvements and carry out a myriad of other activities necessary to ensure the organisation runs smoothly and achieves its objectives.
How you will benefit
RBNC designed this course for the new manager outlines the various roles and responsibilities of the leader/ manager and offers practical advice, tips and techniques that will assist those embarking on a management career.
Who should attend
- Anyone who is making the transition from staff to management
- Those who occupy management positions but lack formal management training
- People who are contemplating a career in management and are seeking knowledge of Best Management Practice
What you will cover
Module 1: Best practices in management and leadership.
- Analysis, objective setting, planning, implementation and control
- People Leadership
- Task Leadership
- Managing people
- Managing task
Module 2: Motivating and managing yourself
- Motivating others
- Team dynamics - building a high performing team
Module 3: Dealing with difficult people
- Communication and negotiation
- Coaching, counselling and mentoring
Module 4: Fostering creativity and innovation
- Building a service culture
- Measuring and monitoring results