RBNC designed this course to examine a number of practical ways for preventing, managing and resolving workplace conflict. Participants will be exposed to self-analysis approaches as well as case study situations in order to build up a tool kit of conflict management strategies.
How you will benefit
- Understand the sources of conflict.
- Be able to develop a strategy to handle conflict in a positive way.
- Be able to reduce the negative effects of stress in your organisation.
- Understand and use effective conflict handling and problem solving techniques.
Who should attend
- All managers and members of teams, particularly those who have to deal with conflict in their workplace.
- This is a hands-on, practical course where participants will benefit by being involved in case studies and problem solving activities that are relevant to their organisational setting.
What you will cover
Participants will examine a number of conflict management issues including:
- Defining the conflict process
- Assessing different kinds of workplace conflict
- Analysing elements of conflict structure
- Recognising the sources of conflict
- Understanding the pros and cons of conflict management strategies
- Dealing with difficult people in the workplace
- Discovering dominant conflict handling styles
- Assessing how people go about getting things done and how this impacts workplace conflict
- Realising what can and can't be changed in the workplace
- Using steps for conflict resolution
- Analysing the more complex structures of team conflict resolution
- Taking the paradigm shift to mediation and understanding the importance of mediation as a means of conflict management
- Constructing strategies for the management of organisational conflict
This is a highly interactive course that encourages participants to apply their knowledge to various working situations.