Talent management is a term that emerged in the 1990s to incorporate an increasing focus in Human Resources Management on planned and strategic management of employees, often with a focus on senior leaders. The term has been attributed to David Watkins of Softscape who published in an article in 1998; however the connection between human resource development and organizational effectiveness has been established since the 1970s
How you will benefit
- Identify the building blocks of talent management.
- Set up a talent management system.
- Define the linkages between organization excellence and effective people management
- Identify, keep, develop and promote the best people.
- Coach, train and develop super-keepers.
- Integrate compensation with talent management so that they can retain their top people.
- Realize the role of IT in supporting a talent management system
Who should attend
President, Vice President, CEO, COO, CFO, Top Management and HR Professionals
What you will cover
Module 1: A World of Poachers
- The Battle for Talent
- The War for Talent
- The Triumph of the HR Department
Module 2: Proactive Talent Management
- The Six HR Conditions for Organizational Success
- What is Proactive Talent Management (PTM)?
- How Proactive Talent Management Fuels Organizational Excellence
- Creating a PTM System - Four Steps
Module 3: The Foundations of a Proactive Talent Management System
- Performance Management
- Performance Appraisal and Potential Forecast
Module 4: The Forces Influencing Talent Management
- High Performance Management Practices
- Workforce Value Proposition
- The Changing Role of the HR Professional
- Institutional Changes for Dealing with Talent Management Issues
- The Top Twenty Companies for Building Leaders: How Do They Do It?
Module 5: Talent Planning
- Identifying High Potentials
- Key Positions and Key People
- Common Factors among High Potentials
- The Performance Potential Grid
- Qualities of Processes Needed to Spot, Develop and Retain Excellence
- Integrating Coaching, Training and Development with Talent Management
- Optimizing Investment in People
Module 6: Using Compensation to Implement a Talent Management Plan
- Integrating Compensation with Talent Management
- Compensating Superkeepers
- Linking Competencies to Performance and Pay
- Using Long-Term Incentives to Retain Top Talent
Module 7: Summary and Wrap Up
- Laying the Ground for a Talent Management System - The Design Phase
- Handing Over the Reins - The Implementation Phase
- The Critical Success Factors