Success in business today is largely dependent upon people's ability to connect with both internal and external customers. RBNC designed this course to examine a number of practical aspects of effective communication.
How you will benefit
- Develop the necessary skills to become better communicators.
- Improve cross-cultural communication with others.
- Understand the verbal and non-verbal communication messages.
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others.
- Give and receive feedback and criticism in a constructive manner
Who should attend
- Everyone who has to communicate with others at work.
- All managers.
- All people who are members of a team.
- This course is equally suitable for people from large and small, public and private organisations
What you will cover
Module 1: How Do People Communicate
- Forms of Communication
- Communication Functions and Process
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- Overcoming Communication Barriers
- Verbal Communication
- Reading Non-Verbal Messages
- One-Way versus Two-Way Communication
Module 2: Improving Communication
- Understanding Your Communication Style
- Skills Required to Send Messages Effectively
- Communicating Across Cultures
- Guidelines for Improving Cross-Cultural Communication
- The Art of Persuading Others
Module 3: The Importance of Listening
- Analyzing Listening Habits
- Active versus Passive Listening
- Tips to Improve Active Listening Skills
- Using Different Questioning Techniques
Module 4: Constructive Feedback and Criticism
- The Value of Feedback
- Positive versus Negative Feedback
- Guidelines for Providing Constructive Feedback
- How to Give Criticism
- How to Receive Criticism