Success in business today is largely dependent upon people's ability to connect with both internal and external customers. RBNC designed this course to examine a number of practical aspects of effective communication.
How you will benefit
- Develop the necessary skills to become better communicators.
- Improve cross-cultural communication with others.
- Understand the verbal and non-verbal communication messages.
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others.
- Give and receive feedback and criticism in a constructive manner
Who should attend
- Everyone who has to communicate with others at work.
- All managers.
- All people who are members of a team.
- This course is equally suitable for people from large and small, public and private organizations
What you will cover
Module 1: Effective communication
- Introduction to communication
- Communication levels and definitions
- Communication functions
- The 4 principles of interpersonal communication
- Elements of the communication process
- Communication delivery aspects
- Non verbal communication
- Building rapport
- Where can miscommunication occur?
- Barriers to effective communication
- Overcoming communication barriers
- The communication funnel
Module 2: Communication across cultures
- Improving cross-cultural communication: guidelines
- 'DiSC' personal development profile
- Stages of team development
- The arts of persuasion
- Areas of growing your sphere of influence
- Communicating within multi-cultural teams
- Stages of team growth
- Universal laws of persuasion: process
Module 3: The Importance of Listening
- Analyzing Listening Habits
- Active versus Passive Listening
- Tips to Improve Active Listening Skills
- Using Different Questioning Techniques
Module 4: Communication behavior and conflict management
- Assertive, passive and aggressive behaviors
- Verbal and non-verbal components of communication behaviors
- Conflict management
- Types of conflicts
- Sources of conflicts
- Conflict management styles
- Essential conflict management skills
- Learning to say 'no'
- Guidelines for applying 'no'
Module 5: Constructive Feedback and Criticism
- The Value of Feedback
- Positive versus Negative Feedback
- Guidelines for Providing Constructive Feedback
- How to Give Criticism
- How to Receive Criticism