Though there are several methods of collecting job analysis information yet choosing the one or a combination of more than one method depends upon the needs and requirements of organization and the objectives of the job analysis process. Typically, all the methods focus on collecting the basic job-related information but when used in combination may bring out the hidden or overlooked information and prove to be great tools for creating a perfect job-candidate fit.
Selecting an appropriate job analysis method depends on the structure of the organization, hierarchical levels, nature of job and responsibilities and duties involved in it. So, before executing any method, all advantages and disadvantages should be analyzed because the data collected through this process serves a great deal and helps organizations cope with current market trends, organizational changes, high attrition rate and many other day-to-day problems
How you will benefit
- Demonstrate the importance of job descriptions in the wider context of Human Resources.
- Carry out job analysis to obtain information for the preparation of job descriptions and other purposes.
- Write job descriptions to cover the wider requirements of Human Resources.
- Understand competencies in terms of what they are and how they are used.
- Write competency based job descriptions
Who should attend
Business Owners, Top Management for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and HR Professionals
What you will cover
Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Main Uses of Job Descriptions
- Job Evaluation - What It Is and Where It Fits in
- An Overview of the Job Evaluation Process
- Some Questions on Job Analysis
- Job Description Terminology
Module 2: Job Analysis
- Uses of Job Analysis
- Process / Steps
- Job Analysis Methods
- Issues to Consider in Job Analysis
- Who Should Carry Out the Job Analysis?
- Job Analysis Guidelines
- Suggestions for Carrying Out a Job Analysis Interview
- The Dos and Do not of Job Analysis
- Practical - Carrying Out Job Analysis Interview
Module 3: Job Descriptions
- Overview and Uses
- Job Description Components
- Job Description Guidelines
- Content Determined by Purpose
- A Sample Job Description Form Explained
- Practical - Writing Job Descriptions
- Tools and Checklists
- Sample Job Descriptions
Module 4: Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Skill Based Job Descriptions - Why Use Them?
- Types of Skill Based Job Descriptions
- What Is a Competency?
- What Does a Competency-Based Job Description Look Like?
- How to Identify Critical Competencies?