Think Inside The Box
People often talk about think outside the box, but not think inside the box. The power of "Think Inside The Box". What is it? When to do it?
Apply Thinking Tools:
- Subtraction Elimination of an existing core or essential component
- Task Unification Assigning another task (in addition to what it was designed to do) to an existing component
- Division Divide a component along with physical or temporal space and rearrange it back into the product
- Multiplication Copy an already existing component and changing in some novel / counterintuitive way
- Attribute Dependency Modify the correlation between two attributes of a product