This one day course, intended to be an extension to the very successful two day course "Understanding Accounting", is designed to enable participants to understand the language and basic concepts of budgets and budgetary control. To gain maximum benefit, participants should have some working knowledge of accounting.
How you will benefit
- Prepare budgets
- Use budgets as a management tool
- Understand the use of variance analysis
- Predict profitability based on changes in sales and/or costs
Who should attend
People from small and large organisations will benefit equally. Previous training in finance is not required, but a general familiarity with accounting reports is expected.
What you will cover
RBNC designed this course to assist in the preparation and understanding of budgets from supplementary budgets through to a budgeted Statement of Financial Position. The use of a budget as a managerial tool will then be discussed.
- The nature of costs
- The preparation of Supplementary Budgets
- The preparation of Master Budgets
- Decision making from Budgets
- Flexible Budgeting
- Case Studies