There are so many ways to manage your people in which Competency-Based Management is one of the most important techniques for all levels of management
How you will benefit
- Define competencies, their history and the important role they play in Human Resources and the organization.
- Analyze the main components of a competency, the differences between each and their relevance to HR processes.
- Discover where competencies come from and apply the main steps in designing competency frameworks and models.
- Identify the main steps involved is assessing employee competence and the reliability of each step.
- Apply competencies in the recruitment and selection processes.
- Use competencies for identifying training needs, talent pools and succession plans.
- Utilize competencies and behavioral indicators in performance appraisal systems
Who should attend
- Business leaders keen to develop themselves, or their people
- Managers genuinely interested in pushing ahead of the pack
- Human Capital specialists
- Organisational Development Managers
- People Strategists
What you will cover
Module 1: Competencies
- Components: Differences between Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- The Iceberg Model
- Competence versus Competency
Module 2: Competency Frameworks and Models
- Types of Competencies
- Standard Levels of Competence
- Customized Levels: The Use of Behavioral Indicators
- Competency Job Profiles versus Job Descriptions
- Competency Job Profiles and Personal Profiles
- Competency Gap Analysis
Module 3: Competency Analysis
- Extracting Competencies from Strategic Plans
- Key Result Areas, Core Competencies and Core Values
- Validating Competency Models
Module 4: Competence Assessment
- Can Competence Be Measured?
- Measuring Knowledge and Skill
- Measuring Attitude and Ability
- The Use of Psychometrics
Module 5: Competency-Based Selection
- Defining Job Requirements
- Designing and Conducting Competency-Based Interviews
- Competency-Based Selection
Module 6: Competencies in Training and Development
- Classical TNAs
- Competency-Based TNAs
- Using Competencies for Determining Talent Pools
- Competencies in Succession Planning
Module 7: Competency-Based Appraisal Systems
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Translating Personal Competence to an Appraisal Rating: The Main Formula