We have a choice - CHANGE OR PERISH. We have to learn that increasing our speed has little to do with going faster. We secure greater speed by trusting the people we work with to select, implement and monitor CHANGE. The primary differentiation for all enterprises in the new millennium will be their ability to engage in and adapt to CHANGE - small incremental change up to major step change initiatives. This course will be interactive and workshop oriented with a high degree of practical real world examples including case studies.
How you will benefit
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the nature of change and how people change.
- Identify the critical competencies of change champions, change agents and human resource professionals.
- Use a number of models and strategies for leading and managing change and communicating it more effectively.
- Apply techniques to deal with resistance to change more comfortably.
- Implement a proven process to create major transformation in corporate culture.
Who should attend
- People who want to secure a "step change" environment.
- People who want to make "change" happen.
- CEOs, and direct reports to CEOs who have recognised the new core competency of "change leadership".
- Project leaders involved in major "step change" initiatives.
- Supervisors/leaders with responsibility for the "incremental change" agenda.
- People who have recognised the "change" or "perish" alternatives
What you will cover
Module 1: Understanding, Planning and Managing Change
- The Nature of Change
- Types of Change
- Competencies of Change Agents
Module 2: Models and Strategies for Managing and Leading Change
- Change Management Styles
- The Eight-Step Model
- Establishing a Sense of Urgency
- Creating the Guiding Coalition
- Developing a Change Vision
- Communicating the Vision
- Empowering Broad-Based Action
- Generating Short-Term Wins
- Consolidating Gains and Producing More Change
- Anchoring Change in the Company Culture
Module 3: Understanding and Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Why People Resist Change
- How People Change
- Stages People Go through When Resisting Change
- Dealing with Resistance to Change
Module 4: Communicating Change
- The Importance of Communicating Change
- How to Communicate Change Effectively Before, During and After the Change Process
Module 5: Key Factors in Making Change Happen
- Types of Cultural Change
- Sustaining Change in the Corporate Culture