Why facilitation skills are important for all professionals? Being a good leader, you have to know how to facilitate your team, department and organization.
How you will benefit
- Identify and explain the process and value of facilitation.
- Examine the core concepts and competencies required to understand the dynamics of group process and facilitation.
- Recognize groups dynamics and balance between task and maintenance functions.
- Apply facilitation tools and techniques in a variety of situations.
- Ultimately improve their role as facilitators
Who should attend
RBNC designed this course for team leaders, supervisors and managers
What you will cover
Module 1: Introduction
- The Whats and Whys of Facilitation
- How Facilitating Differs from Training and Presenting
- Desirable Facilitating Behaviors and Competencies
- Factors Affecting Facilitation
- Effective Facilitation: Managing Structure Not Content
- Content versus Process
- Group Process and Team Member Roles
Module 2: Understanding and Using Quality Communication
- Characteristics of Effective Facilitators
- Identifying Your Preferred Listening Style: The Personal Listening Profile
- Encouraging Participation and Asking Questions
- Types of Questions
Module 3: Facilitation Tools and Exercises: The Facilitation Lab
- Tools for Generating Ideas: Brainstorming, Storyboarding, Mind Mapping, Cause and Effect Diagram, Force Field Analysis
- Tools for Narrowing and Selecting Ideas
- Tools for Evaluating Alternatives and Getting to Agreement
Module 4: Sharing Feedback on Practical Facilitation Sessions Conducted by Participants
- Facilitating the Session
- Exchanging Constructive Feedback