RBNC designed this course to examine techniques and tools for recruiting the right people and ensuring that their induction is successful. Common pitfalls of recruitment will be identified and participants will develop a practical recruitment plan and induction strategy for their own organisation.
How you will benefit
- Define recruitment, list its main steps and learn the best methods/sources for attracting qualified candidates.
- Understand the various techniques used for short listing and assessing candidates and the reliability and validity of each.
- Discover the main types of selection interviews and when and how to use each.
- Prepare and conduct a probing interview for any vacancy/level in the organization.
- Use the data collected from various assessment stages for selection purposes
Who should attend
Business Owners, CEOs, Business Development Directors, Sales & Marketing Directors, Business Managers
All managers, business owners and others who are responsible for recruiting staff and building teams. This course involves case studies, examples and worksheets for participants to develop material specific to the needs of their individual organisation.
What you will cover
Module 1: Recruitment and Selection
- Recruitment versus Selection
- Stages in the Recruitment and Selection Process
- Roles and Responsibilities in Each Stage
Module 2: Defining Requirements
- Building a Job Profile: The Use of Essentials and Desirables
Module 3: Attracting Candidates
- Various Sources for Attracting Candidates
- Referrals and Internal Candidates
- Advertising: Pros and Cons
- Internet and Websites
- Recruitment Agencies and Head Hunters
- Career Fairs and Universities
Module 4: Screening Candidates and Short Listing
- Tangible versus Intangible Criteria
- The Use of CVs, Résumés and Applications for Short Listing
- Verifying On-Line Applications
- Using Assessment Tools to Improve Short Listing
Module 5: Interviewing Candidates
- Screening and Biographical Interviews
- The HR Interview
- The Line Interview
- Hypothetical Interviews
- Competency-Based Interviews
- Panel Interviews: Pros and Cons
Module 6: Evaluating Candidates
- Importance of Data Capture
- Objective versus Subjective Remarks
- Legal and Fairness Issues
- Producing a Personal Profile
Module 7: The Selection Decision
- What Criteria Should Be Used?
- Use of Decision Matrixes in Selection
- Use of Competency Gap Analysis
- Dealing with Wasta or the X-factor